Try These Delicious Hasselback Potatoes!The Animal Rescue Site
If you’re a fan of baked potatoes with bacon and cheese, (and who isn’t?!) this is a delicious way to jazz those babies up for company – or even just yourself! These might look upscale but they’re super easy to make, and if you’re anything like us, you’ll soon be experimenting with all sorts of yummy ingredients to stuff between those slices of buttery potato.
We decided to top these ones off with parsley and chives, but feel free to add thyme or rosemary, or really any herb you like. We’re positive you’ll love this recipe as much as we did, and you’ll probably want to get creative by adding your own personal flare! You can stuff them with all sorts of ingredients: seasoned ground beef, onion, and tomatoes for taco potatoes; pepperoni, peppers, and mozzarella for pizza ones; or go classic with broccoli and cheddar!
1 hour 10 minutes to prepare, serves 6
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Dash of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Slice potatoes almost all the way through, in 1/4 inch intervals. Tip: Insert a barbecue skewer into bottom of potato for leverage.
- Drizzle potatoes with half of butter (1 1/2 tablespoons), insert bacon between potato slices and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Bake for 40 minutes and remove from oven.
- Drizzle with remaining butter (1 1/2 tablespoons), and sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley and chives, and serve!
Recipe adapted from Gourmet A Dois