Breath-Freshening Frozen Mint Dog TreatsDecatur Macpherson
When it comes to our pets, there’s not much we wouldn’t give them…we just want them to have the best and be the healthiest they can be. Because of this, we started making our own dog treats; there’s something about knowing exactly what’s going into them that gives us peace of mind, and these frozen mint treats are our new favorites – they’re just so good for our (not so) little fur babies!!
The brilliance is not just in the money you save on treats or the sheer fun of watching your dog(s) devour them; due to the mint, these treats will also help get rid of your pup’s doggy breath! This recipe is a sure-fire hit for both dogs and their humans! And with a crazy cute paw print ice cube tray, the finished treats are as adorable as they are delicious – all you have to do is pour your mix into the tray and stick it in the freezer; it’s that easy!
Grab your paw print ice cube tray set here!
Frozen Mint Dog Treats
5 minutes active; 1 hour inactive to prepare1 dozen
- 1 (6 oz.) container plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
- Place yogurt, mint and parsley together in a food processor and pulse together.
- If using, add in honey and pulse to combine.
- Pulse until herbs are finely chopped and everything is fully incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to ice cube tray and freeze until treats are set.
- Serve treats to pups as needed and store remaining treats in freezer. Enjoy!
These peanut butter coconut oil dog treats are also a great choice for you pups! They help them maintain a soft, shiny coat, and are just as cute as these minty breath-fresheners! Recipe adapted from The Nerdy Farm Wife