Apple crunch pupcakes recipeThe Animal Rescue Site
We found an excellent recipe for dog treats that we had to share. This recipe is great for the time of year, especially with all the apple products you can find at the store or your local farmers market.
Apple Crunch Pupcakes
- 1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/8 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup dried apple chips (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 medium egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the water, applesauce, honey, egg and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Pour the batter into lightly greased muffin pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Feed the finished treats to your pup!
It's fun to make your own treats because you will know exactly what is inside. When you make these snacks, your house will smell like apples and fall. Your dog's mouth will definitely be watering. Whenever you make food for your pets, be sure to take under consideration what your animal likes and doesn't like, as well as any allergies it might have. If you're not sure about allergies, feed them a little bit of the treat and see how he reacts. If your pooch licks it up and nothing happens but a big grin, you're good to go!